Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The $50 Retail Arbitrage Sourcing Challenge for FBA

If there is a will, then there is a way.

I posed a question on the FBA Flipside Facebook group. What would your retail arbitrage sourcing strategy be if you were limited to $100? As the discussion got going, I wondered what you could do if you only had $50 to spend. The challenge was on.

I dumped a jar full of saved change, and took a small box of books (about 10) over to Half Price Bookstore. Cha-ching! I had my $50.

I started my day at Tuesday Morning. I've had a lot of luck in the clearance section, but I haven't been scouting in awhile (life). I found two baby items for 0.39 cents (on clearance for 80% off), and five home & kitchen items. It's a shame that out of twenty or so of the baby items, I found only two that were unopened. The rest had been taped back closed! As I was sourcing, I thought of an idea for a bundle. Unfortunately, I only found one item that would work, so off to Walmart I went.

At Walmart, I was disappointed that they did not have the item I wanted for my bundle idea (I'm going to keep searching), but I did come up with another bundle idea! I bought five home & kitchen items to go with a grocery item. I'm throwing in a recipe to make it an exclusive bundle. I will send in five of my new bundles to test out.

I spent a total of $52.26, so I went over by $2.26. Not bad. But what profit do I expect to bring from my low budget sourcing? I was able to figure out everything except for my bundle, since I haven't listed it yet, so I'm estimating my fees (going higher, rather than lower).

My expected profit after fees, shipping & handling: $101.65

I can hang with that!

The challenge is on. You've got $50 to source using retail arbitrage. Leave your results in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to hear what you have to share about FBA, but please keep your spam out of it. Thanks for reading and commenting!