Monday, July 28, 2014

Playing Categories

Plan for today, tomorrow, and the future. 

I needed to run into a craft store today to pick something up for a current little at home project. I haven't been in this particular store for quite some time. In fact, I haven't been in this store since I started FBA. As I was walking around searching for Mod Podge, I noticed a ton of potential profit. Yes, I'm going back.

But that's not the reason for this post. As I was driving home, I thought about the craft category, and ran through my mental one off list until I found that yes, I have sent in items in this category. And then I thought about how I sent in a few items in the baby category. And I wondered if I've hit every open category.

That's something that I need to investigate. You see, when Amazon gated groceries, personal health, and health and beauty, sellers found themselves either grandfathered in or in a bind. I was grandfathered into groceries and personal health, but I missed out on health and beauty because I never listed anything in that category. Now I have to jump through hoops if I want approval. If only I would have sent in some shampoo or something! Right?

So now I'm thinking that I should check each open category and make sure I have sent in some products, and if I hadn't, then I had better get to sourcing. You never know when Amazon might decide to gate a category, so better safe than sorry. Now there isn't any guarantee that selling a few items in a category will grandfather you in, but at least it's a step in the right direction. You're increasing your chances to call safe, and get a homerun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to hear what you have to share about FBA, but please keep your spam out of it. Thanks for reading and commenting!