Monday, July 21, 2014

Tweaking Product Prices

Change is the cause to the effect. Is the change worth the possible effect?

Some sellers swear that tweaking product prices on Amazon makes a big difference in sales. They say that price tweaks can jump start a slowdown dead period. So they say. But do they really?

I've tweaked some prices here and there, but in all honesty, I have tracked it well to see if tweaking brings about results. Yesterday, someone posted on one of the groups that they lowered all of their prices by 0.10 cents and saw a $60 jump in sales. (I don't even remember which one. That's what happens when you join several Facebook groups).

Not a bad result, so I decided to give it a go. This morning I tweaked all of my prices from 0.01 to 0.05 cents up or down, plus major price changes on about 5 products. As soon as I finished, I checked my pending sales, and low and behold, I had a sale! Coincidence? Probably.

I will update this post over the next couple of days with my results. If you decide to do some tweaking, please post your results in the comments section.

UPDATE: Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Crickets. Seriously, I feel like I've jinxed myself. And I just had 3 shipments hit the warehouses too. What's up with the silence? I did notice a slight change in format under the Orders tab. Perhaps it's a glitch, and all of my sales will come pouring in soon...very soon...like right now...immediately...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to hear what you have to share about FBA, but please keep your spam out of it. Thanks for reading and commenting!