Saturday, August 9, 2014

Variety Packs

Stop thinking outside the box. Invent the damn box!

I recently posted about my inquiry to Amazon concerning multipacks. In Amazon's response, they mentioned Variety Packs.
  • Multipacks are 2 or more of the exact same item.
  • Bundles are made up of different, complimentary items.
  • Variety Packs are made of two or more flavors of the same item.
An example of a variety pack: 1 jar of creamy peanut butter and 1 jar of crunchy peanut butter (same size, same brand).

The term variety pack got me to noticing. As I was researching a category of grocery items this morning, I noticed that one very popular brand had lots of multipacks, but not any variety packs. Now I have a plan to create two new variety packs for a low ranking brand in which the individual items (and multipacks) have great ROI. Just thinking the words variety pack stimulated my brain and opened a window. 

As I searched Amazon, I discovered a variety pack packaged as a gift! Now that's what I'm talking about -variety, creativity, and possible exclusivity. 

What is so great about variety packs? Not every store offers every flavor. Some buyers might not want to buy 12 or 24 of one flavor, but would like to try out different flavors.

Just make sure you follow Amazon's bundling and multipack guidelines for variety packs. All of the flavors must be shown in the main picture (with the pure white background), and the title / description / key features must have all of the required information.

Variety packs - I'm on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to hear what you have to share about FBA, but please keep your spam out of it. Thanks for reading and commenting!