Saturday, August 2, 2014

Quality Alerts on Amazon

When it rains, open an umbrella.

Ahhh! Those quality alerts! At first, they freaked me out, then I read on various groups that most people ignored them, so I ignored them.

Then we got that email...

You know...the one that says "fix it or they will suppress it". Yikes!

I'm trying. I really am, and it's a good thing. I discovered that the picture from my bundle disappeared! I have some new listings that I couldn't quite get the category perfectly perfect. I noticed some details missing from some other listings. The titles on some listings suck (no other way to put it really -just bad, bad, bad).

Click on your Quality Alerts (they show up on your landing page). Take one quality alert category at a time
and tackle it. If it's something you can go in and edit -give it a go. If your changes don't take place after 24 hours, open a case with seller central.

If it's something that you can't edit either because you're missing information, or the system just won't let you do it (changing categories is one), then open a case.

You might have to do a removal order for an item in order to snap a new picture, and to get the details for the product (if you can't easily get your hands on another one). I had to do that for one product.

You might have items that you no longer sell with a quality alert. You can remove them from your inventory or ignore them.

You can also hope another seller does the job for you and that the quality alert will go away, but don't count on it.

Avoid future quality alerts by checking listings for good pictures, and well written titles, key features, and descriptions before you list the item. This small step might take a little extra time up front,  but it will save you a serious headache later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to hear what you have to share about FBA, but please keep your spam out of it. Thanks for reading and commenting!