Saturday, April 19, 2014

Welcome to The FBA Flip Side!

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

In January 2014, I began a new journey.

I completely, totally flipped.

Flipped product for a profit, that is.

I've tried many ventures online with the intent to create a profit. Some made a little. Some made a lot. Some did not. A number of years ago, I tried selling books on Amazon as a third-party seller. I had no idea what I was doing. I listed a ton of books that I had in my house, sold some, but discovered that I didn't have time to stop my life, pack a book, and ship it to the customer. Eventually I removed my listings and stopped.

I heard of FBA when it first launched. Fulfillment by Amazon. It sounded like a wonderful thing. Send your product to Amazon, and let them fulfill your orders and handle customer service. No more stopping my life to pack and ship, or deal with customers. Yes! 

If only I had looked into it further. If only I had paid attention rather than assume. I assumed I needed wholesale accounts or a brick and mortar store. I had no idea that I could sell more than just books through Amazon's FBA program.

Fast forward.

Sometime around November of 2013, I caught a snatch of something somewhere online regarding selling on Amazon's FBA program. The snatch referred to sourcing for product in local retail stores. Say what? It sounded crazy. It is crazy!

Google is your friend. A little search turned up a goldmine of information. I spent a month reading, listening, and watching. I downloaded a few apps and started scanning products every time I was in a store. At first, I couldn't figure out how anyone was making money buying retail products in a local store and flipping them on Amazon for a profit. Then one day, I found a potential winner. I decided to fill up one box. Just one. See how it goes. 

I initially invested $200 in product. I earned my investment back in a few weeks. I've reinvested my profits in more inventory. I'm now making three times my initial investment. I'm just now beginning month four. Wow! 

In a short amount of time, I've learned a great deal about selling through FBA. I'm getting ready to kick this business up a few notches! Follow me on my journey. I will back up to the beginning and post the things I've learned along the way, as well as post things to come. This is a grand adventure and I'm glad to have you come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to hear what you have to share about FBA, but please keep your spam out of it. Thanks for reading and commenting!