Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday - Marching to Your Own Drummer

Follow the same road as everyone else, and find what everyone else finds. Follow a different road, and find what everyone else wishes they could find.
-Lisa says

When I was in high school, my senior English teacher once stopped the class and asked me, "Do you always go left when everyone else goes right?"

I felt the sting of that reprimand for many years to come. It took a long time for me to realize that marching to your own drummer is gift, not a curse. I am left-handed after all, and everyone knows that left-handers are the only ones in their right minds! (My sincere apologies to my right-handed readers).

Walking into Walmart, whipping out your cell phone, and scanning to find a product that will sell for a profit on Amazon is not exactly the straight road to success. It's a crazy, curvy, roller coaster road! When I tell friends or family what I do, I think they have a little trouble wrapping their mind around it. Even my husband shakes his head every time I box up grocery items to send to Amazon.

The real head shaker came for me when I sold a $3.99 toy for $39.99. That's when I knew that I'd stumbled upon the new gold rush, except in this case there really is gold in them there hills! This business is too good to be true (which is what my husband said today since he's still suspended in disbelief), but it IS good and it IS true. And that's the crazy part!

Everyone else can keep to their straight path. They can go right. I'm going left. I choose the road less traveled by. I choose to march to my own drummer. I choose the crazy, curvy, FBA roller coaster ride. It's already made a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I'd love to hear what you have to share about FBA, but please keep your spam out of it. Thanks for reading and commenting!